Sunday 11 July 2010

Rant/weekend.

Although technically not over, my weekend has been semi eventful.

My mum picked me up on friday after work to deliver me, along with the henry hoover (its not gross but I havent hoovered since I moved in, buying a hoover just didnt occur to me as important - flat being so small, me not making a mess)back to my flat.

The usual questions 'how are you coping' cropped up and I started to discuss quietly about my neighbour next door, and how he seems to have an issue with my neighbour upstairs. As we were discussing this issue, he had turned up at my front door and started to shout at my neighbour again, I would like to point it was 11pm on a friday night, most people are getting ready to go out so some noise is expected. Complaining that he had his son over for the week and he needed sleep.

My mum went out to throw a spider out and as she went, the neighbour put his foot between the front door and said 'I have keys to this house' (which he doesnt)at this point my mum stepped in between the two neighbours and said something rather loudly, I forget what exactly it was, I was shaking because my mum was putting herself inbetween a pretty heated argument, and said 'My Daughter Lives here....' she managed to sort the issue out and the neighbour fucked off. My Mum means the world to me and for her to just put herself there amazed me, Im sorry I am paranoid that the neighbour could of punched her etc.

I then sat up for a few hours and managed to sleep at about 3. I was woken up again at half 6 by the neighbour next door coming over to the house and going on one again. HALF 6 on a saturday morning. This waking me up made me get up and go shopping for food.

Later that afternoon, sitting in my flat, with my music on my laptop my bedroom window open I was startled by a short man tapping on my window asking me to turn it off/down. Im pretty sure my laptop is quiet so he must really be listening out for it. I carried on. pretty fucking livid that he felt the need to come over to my window/yard and tap on the window. Its saturday afternoon, its not 6.30am!!!!

Later on in the evening the neighbour turned up again having a go at the guy above again, despite saying that on a saturday night he wouldnt care. It was 10ish. As I went out of my flat (despite my mum telling me to stay in my flat and if I felt threatened to call the police) and told him to stop coming over as its getting repetitive, to which he replied 'Shut it you fucking dyke....'


Few things, I have never discussed my sexuality or anything like that with anyone in/around my building, why would I, does it make ANY difference, is it anyones business? No.

I have short hair, yes, but when does that make you gay/straight anyway. I know when I was younger I used to think that short hair was for boys, obviously I grew up. Maybe I am just naive and assumed that people would pick up on it too?

I am not gay nor am I straight, I do not see why people feel using someones sexual preference is a way of insulting them. Maybe I should wake up and realise that not all people are like the people I surround myself with. (open minded, non judgemental, patient and non-bigotted people)

I don't know why I have ranted about this but its really fucked me off.

I give up.

The best friend comes up tommorrow and I'm rather excited.

No comments: