Thursday 15 July 2010

I realise that these are back to front, Im new to the mac game yo!!

These are a top 5 of my zine collection that I love.

The End.




'Anatomical Heart'
My darling penfriend Bettie writes this super mini zine, discussing her mental health/education. Zine Reviews and little insights into Betties thinking. I love this zine for many reasons, but I am a huge fan of Bettie for being so open and honest about her health. As someone who is affected by mental health isssues I can relate and find myself nodding along in parts. Bettie is inspirational.



"Pamflet" is awesome, its kinda like a zine/mixed with heat. I remember walking into the zinefest last year and Phoebe being on the desk right in front with a pile of pink zines. I picked 2 up and I fell in love. So much fun to read.



"The Worlds A Mess...." by Ms Ova Ree (Aka Em Ledger)
This was my first zine that I ever got my hands on and its the one that helped me find this scene/movement that I love so much. I gush about it and Em too much its borderline scary. Its a zine that I aspire to create, something inspirational. This is my favourite zine.


"Culture Slut" Is a perzine compiled by the super Amber. This particular issue is never far from me. I think its been a mini god send for me in the last few months with my own "queer" journey. Reading things that I can relate to. The Culture Slut series are a joy to read, I love the way they are put together and how its like a little booklet of art and sweetness all in one tiny zine.



"Your Pretty Face Is Going Straight To Hell" is a perzine created by the lovely Miss Tukru, who runs Vampire Sushi Distro. I have a major soft spot for Tukru as she kindly puts out my zine on her distro and for this I am truly thankful. Its a zine that contains doodles, rants, reciepes and insights into Tukrus life.

No comments: